March - Oct 2015
- We have begun the run for the English premiere of seminal modern Chinese play, SECRET LOVE IN PEACH BLOSSOM LAND（暗戀桃花源）, helmed and translated by original author Stan Lai 賴聲川, who has been hailed by the BBC as “probably the best Chinese language playwright and director in the world.” The show opened April 19, 2015 and performs thru the end of the 2015 season.
- I continue to perform Mary Zimmerman's raved production of GUYS AND DOLLS to sold out houses at Oregon Shakespeare Festival.
- It is unofficially announced that I will direct the Annual Daedalus Staged Reading of a play T.B.A. (rights pending) at the OSF Angus Bowmer Theater to a sold out house August 24, 2015.
- I am officially slotted to direct a closed Staged Reading of two plays by Sarah Kane later in the season as an OSF Midnight Project.
- Fresh off the press, this production of Guys and Dolls will be transferring to the Wallis Annenberg Center in Beverly Hills, L.A. this November and December!!
- officially joined the acting company of OREGON SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL in their 80th Anniversary Season!
- rehearsed and opened Tony-winner Mary Zimmerman's take on the classic American musical, GUYS AND DOLLS, setting the story back in the 1930s, when the original Damon Runyon tales took place, complete with fresh period-appropriate early jazz arrangements!
-directed a two-week developmental workshop of Sarah Kane's Phaedra's Love at 440 Studios, as part of a larger theatrical event that will continue to be developed through 2016. A most thrilling cast and team had been assembled.
- was a visiting guest artist advising on two student shows at NYU Tisch's undergraduate directing program at PHTS. I've been visiting rehearsals, helping them unpack directorial impulses and coaching performances for:
-Ilana Khanin's production of Hamletmachine; and
-Jessy Yates' original movement piece inspired by her experiences as a performing artist with cerebral palsy.
- co-taught a corporate workshop with Christopher Bayes at Yale for Spotify!!
- guest taught Commedia dell'Arte at the Professional Performing Arts School, where many young working actors attend high school, at the heart of Times Square.
-performed at the Undiscovered Countries series in their November installment in Brooklyn.
-did a first read-through of new musical Dim Sum Warriors with Singaporean director Mei Ann Teo.
-workshopped Secret Love in Peach Blossom Land with acclaimed Taiwanese-Chinese director Stan Lai for a week at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, meeting many of my future colleagues!
- have completed my 6-week Snatched II journey at Mark Fisher Fitness, tallying in 41 pounds lost since starting my quest for health and hotness since Summer 2013.
- have heard that my client has just booked Radio City Music Hall Spectacular AND a main role in a giant Broadway musical at the Lincoln Center. Thrilling!
- was invited to the final round of callbacks for the annual ABC DIVERSITY SHOWCASE out of thousands of submission!!
- was invited to meet and play with the Foundry Theater to investigate about possibilities of future collaboration!!
-co-founded and taught a summer intensive for teens to young adults already in the industry with casting director Devin Shacket. Students have become noticeably more spontaneous, present, generous and aware of serving the text while honoring their impulses.
- taught acting to foreign students at Yale University in July 2014.
- returned to the Big Apple and settled down again in good ol' Sunset Park, Brooklyn,
where authentic tacos and Chinese food are in abundance!!!
- performed in a developmental workshop at the Drama League for Director Jesse Jou's new piece, One Hundred Hungry Ghosts, playing the roles of Ronnie Skeptical and Crazy Old Man Wu.
- clowned around on June 7-8 as part of Drama League directing fellow Lian Walden's performance installation in the FIGMENT Festival at Governor's Island, NY.
- had been working with Marci Phillips of ABC at One-on-One over three weeks of classes.
Marci has spoken to me about some exciting future possibilities.
-was called in for several indie features as well as theater productions.
March & April 2014:
- reprised my performance of the two separate Constables in Dario Fo's ACCIDENTAL DEATH OF AN ANARCHIST at the Berkeley Repertory Theater in California. We ran till April 20, 2014.
January & February 2014:
- once again music directed the final year MFA acting students at Yale School of Drama under the direction of Christopher Bayes in this year's show: "This F^&KING Commedia Project". It ran February 3-5, 2014.
- headed to Hong Kong to attend meetings and investigate artistic possibilities abroad. (And also inhaling much real-deal Chinese food with my family... obviously!)
-just finished a run of ACCIDENTAL DEATH OF AN ANARCHIST at Yale Repertory Theatre, Nov 30th thru December 21st, 2013. Click to read some of the nice things the critics have to say!
- began rehearsals as two CONSTABLES in Chris Bayes' production of Dario Fo's ACCIDENTAL DEATH OF AN ANARCHIST at the Yale Repertory Theater in CT.
September & October 2013:
-became a proud member of Actors' Equity Association AND the Canadian Actors' Equity Association.
-played the role of SILVIO in the Yale Rep Production of THE SERVANT OF TWO MASTERS at the SEATTLE REPERTORY THEATER!!! Check out a couple reviews on my work here!
- worked on myself for once: lost 30+ lbs since I did "SNATCHED IN 6 WEEKS" at Mark Fisher Fitness in July.
- scrambled all summer and got my O-1 artist visa to keep making work in America until at least 2016!!
- directed Mike Lew's new play TEN PAGE MANIFESTO, which premiered at the June Havoc Theater as part of Working Theater's Directors Salon 2013 on June 23, Sunday, at 7:30pm. Click HERE to reserve your free tickets!!
- directed a reading of Shane Sakhrani's Hero Hindustani at Public Assembly, Brooklyn NY produced by the Ingenue Theater on June 30, 2013. Click HERE to get your tickets!
- had just been CAST in Yale Rep (Nov-Dec 13) and Berkeley Rep's (March-April 14) co-production of Dario Fo's Accidental Death of an Anarchist!
- had been teaching warm-ups for Clown and Commedia Summer Intensives with Christopher Bayes as part of my teacher training.
-successfully traveled to Budapest, Hungary and created a pop-up performance at the art gallery, Brody House, with Justine Williams and Drae Campbell at ARTSHO! 2013.
MARCH thru MAY, 2013
-traveled to Hong Kong for the 2013 HK Arts Festival to assist on the TEAM's Mission Drift, directed by Rachel Chavkin. (Currently playing at the National Theatre in London thru June 28, 2013.)
-attended the 2013 Drama Desk Awards as a nominee in the category of "Best Music in a Play" (alongside Steve Martin and the Lisps!!), for my work on Stolen Chair Theater Company's The Man Who Laughs.
-co-curated, directed and created the first outing of Dr. & Mr.'s Loaded Capsule of 2013 (a cabaret-esque theater work incubator) at Jack in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn with all-round Obie-winning theater maker and composer Dr. Rick Burkhardt. April 4-7, 2013.
- continued to create the role of "Call Me Eugene" and contribute to Justine Williams' The David Lunch Project, A site-specific cross-medium experience in a custom-designed theatrical movie truck.
-trekked up to Toronto, ON, CANADA as a guest director for St. Andrew's College's Annual FOCUS Arts Festival under director and Head of Drama, William Scoular, who is slated to direct his upcoming feature film Northbound featuring William Shatner.
- still pursuing Teacher-Training Apprenticeship with Physical Comedy Master Christopher Bayes
at Yale School of Drama and the Juilliard School (Drama Division).
- rehearsed for original site-specific performance pieces with Justine Willaims & Drae Campbell for ARTSHO! 2013 at BRODY HOUSE Art Gallery in Budapest, Hungary!!
JANUARY & FEBRUARY, 2013
-just wrapped music directing "ALL WHICH WAY AND THAT" - a new commedia dell'arte directed by Christopher Bayes at the Yale School of Drama with third year M.F.A. actors. Ran February 4-6, 2013.
-created the score and live piano accompaniment for Stolen Chair Theater Company's latest show The Man Who Laughs (a LIVE silent film!) at Urban Stages. Directed by Jon Stancato. The show received unanimous praises from numerous reviewers as well as 3 Drama Desk Nominations, including Best Music for a Play!!!
-played Smeraldina and El Doctore (in the guise of an Asian Landlord!!) as well as supervised music for director & clown teacher Virginia Scott's Commedia Dell 'Arte "Brighella Brothers Sausage Show" at a fancy industrial loft in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
-continued workshopping the cross-disciplinary, cinematic-theatrical-event with Justine Williams.
-got my official headshots done with David Noles. Super awesome and skilled dude - check him out!
-Played Smeraldina and supervised music in the first workshop production of Brighella Bros. Sausage Shop, featuring the first half of the show.
-Participated in a 5 day developmental workshop, as a performer, for Justine William's ass-kicking, cross-disciplinary, cinematic-theatrical-event.
-Wrapped first semester of teacher training in Commedia Dell 'Arte @ Yale!
-Performed in Jonathen Cottle's piece Pretty Pictures is Everything as God / Elvis, directed by Teff Nichols. November 15-18, Incubator Arts Project's New Forms Festival @ St. Mark's Church.
-Performed in clown show " Siamo tutti grandi amici, e puntiamo direttamente da un dirupo" with Joe Hendel @ the Green Space in Brooklyn, produced by Fresh Ground Pepper.
-Directed a site-specific production of Saviana Stanescu's Aurolac Blues for the Ingenue Theater in Brooklyn NY.
-Assistant Directed new Finnish play Broken Heart Story @ Center for Performance Research in Brooklyn NY.
-Began teacher training with Professor Christopher Bayes in Commedia Dell 'Arte at the Yale School of Drama, while providing live musical accompaniment for song improvisations in class.
-Performed in a staged reading of The Fatalists by Jessica Almasy, directed by Jake Margolin @ the IRT Theater.
-Performed in the developmental workshop of Imagining the Imaginary Invalid with Mabou Mines
under the directions of theater legend Ruth Meleczech and choreographer Clove Gallilee.
-Accepted into the master directors Observership Program with the Society of Directors and Choreographers Foundation.
-Observed Advanced Clown and Commedia Dell 'Arte Workshops with Christopher Bayes,
before I was officially accepted for teacher training!
APRIL / MAY 2012
-Graduated from New York University with a BFA in Drama (specializing in Theater Directing)
with minors in Psychology (Arts & Science) and Business of Entertainment, Media and Technologies (Stern).
-Re-conceived, Directed and Produced "Moliere's the Hypochondriac" for a cast of 10 and a 5 piece orchestra. Played 6 shows at the Flamboyan Theater at the Clemente Soto Velez Arts Center in the Lower East Side, May 10-13, 2012.
-Performed in Orlando Pabotoy's clown show "That Beautiful Laugh" @ La Mama E.T.C. alongside Alan Tudyk.